Saturday, March 31, 2007

Chess (Smokey Life)

You look through the ashes
from the cigarrettes we've already smoke
towards the game on the table.

You calculate
You concentrate
You want victory
Victory it's only not getting hurt.

Game is life
I'm already losing
'cause I don't want your victory.
Through my ashes
I'm seeing beneath yours
your beautiful evening star.

Kill my ten year-old enemies
erase my troops
Now ask me if I care
'cause I don't really won't.

Don't you see?
I've already won
'cause my victory
is to love you in the silent scream of this battle.

Win, my dear, win
I've already crossed your lines
Win, my dear, win
'cause I'll be happy
if I can love you from the enemy position

I've already won
but I'm a veteran warrior
without a medal and a celebration day.
Reach my hand across the fight field
let's get up from here and love
I'll be rewarded for everything.

It won't happen, I know
Kill my last tired-lost-hope soldier
I don't care, I've already won.

But don't put away the game
I don't want you to realize
that I've already won
I don't want me to realize
that I've lost again
I'm so scared of the shit I can predict.

So let's keep on smoking
let's make the ashes grow up
my dreams and mind
will dissolve themselves
into this smokey life.

Foto de Stephen Lewis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Realmente profundo, quizás lo hace aún mejor el tinte melancólico que le da a la escena la imaginación luego de leer el título y visualizarla. Por decir, no mucho y no por esta vía.

domus